Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Ruination of Bran v2 Update 2

We're coming to a head with the update. I've recently begun work on a section devoted to the sewers underneath the town where players run into a few chaotic evil creatures. The dungeon map I made for it is rather basic, though it should convey to the Game Master (GM) where the players are.

The Depths, as the sewers all called in the module, shouldn't require much work. It was actually the second thing I worked on for the original Ruination of Bran. The premise is that the players can enter either for a quest, or be teleported there by a Halfling mage the encounter. I've added other reasons to enter but I won't spoil. The entire idea is that there are two factions vying for power within the sewers, making a mini dungeon. There aren't traps but there are secrets; I anticipate that my usual players would avoid checking for traps after not finding any for a while, thus not finding hidden rooms to rest or treasures.

I've also completed an assortment of level 3 adventurers to start the module with; Ruination of Bran was intended to be an adventure people could just pick up at any point and play. I've not made an assortment of custom drawings as I had hoped; moreover, that polish will be left for version 3 next year.

Once the Depths section has been completed, work on the Climax section will begin. That section is easily going to be the most complex as it takes account for the actions the players take in the previous sections. When completed, I will both post the module on the blog and release it as a free pdf on Dungeon Master's Guild, and provide the links to both on a D&D Facebook group I'm in. The main goal will be to garner more interested parties to critique, so I have direction for what to focus on in version 3.


Your audienceship is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.