Friday, June 29, 2018

Caravan: New Prototype

It has taken time, but a new prototype of Caravan has been made. It has a 'board' to play on and updated cards. The cards took me considerable time as they needed to be printed, cut out, glued onto notecards, and then trimmed to size. I developed a bruising on my fingers from having the use scissors for several hours straight.

Fig 1: Prototype

The board just has large paper with sections of the game map tapped to it. It is not anything special and will require more graphical work in the future. I can say though that with this new version of everything a much more severe focus on testing mechanics can begin again. For now, I will be researching heuristics for cards game to see if that helps me come up with a way to balance things.

Fig 2: Action Cards

Fig 3: Barter Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.