Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Was Bored

Was bored yesterday and did some doodles for a joke anime/webcomic idea me and a friend had. The joke was simply that she would be the heroine, but win through dumb luck with a shield called Plot (Plot Armor). I would have a character based off me as a bumbling villain.


All the drawings were done in pen, no construction lines. It was mainly practice for human figures; I need more practice. Still, the general concepts are there. Lo is the savior of Writeland, a pun of how we both are Technical Writers. Her shield Plot is made to look like an art palette, and her spear to look like a paint brush. I image she has meta powers, like painting new things onto the comic page.

Our savior's best friend would be based off her real life best friend. Mo's inspiration loves playing elven mages, especially in Dragon Age Inquisition. She would always be around to help Lo, but would act as a good emotional rock and friend when around. Mo is probably a part of some Mage Guild or other organization.

Using the nick name my buddy gives me, the villain would be G. The Dark Lord would actually just be doing it as an internship that got out of hand quick. The outfit is made to be someone in a business suit with some armor pieces placed on top of it. The power of the Dark Lord would also be meta, rolling dice to alter events. Essentially, the power of randomness.

The pizza clan is a joke because both are based off people with almost a decade of experience in pizza chains. Quen is based off my buddy's husband, bug burly gentle giant. Mat-kun's inspiration is an anime enthusiast. His ninja character probably talks about nerdy things with Mo when they meet.

Nate is based off a boyfriend Mo's inspiration has. His inspiration knows a fair bit about computers, so I made him have electric base powers. Nate and Mo would both be in the Mage Guild, but Nate is more hermit like and wouldn't show up much.

That's the silliness I've gotten up to. Next post should be an updates on Asteria Rising. I've started working on it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.