Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Asteria Rising: Update 1

I've been working on creating a whole new rendition of Dungeons and Dragon's Fifth Edition. Not anything too far afield, but it will have its own unique vibe. The idea started with seeing how the Dungeon Master's Guide provided tables for guns and alien technology. Then I thought, "what if I made a science fiction campaign for my group?"

After that it began to quickly morph into needing to tweak certain skills and abilities, then realizing the classes won't work and having to scrap and create new ones, then having to make new abilities, so on and so on.

Now what I have is a currently 7 page document that is no where near complete that goes into the rules for this new version of D&D I'm making. It also cements a few house rules my team usually uses, while encouraging certain actions more. E.g. my group rarely uses the medicine skill. I've buffed medicine to make it the main form of healing outside of combat, and greatly reduced healing in combat because there is no magic in this science fiction version.

It is still an alpha version [Asteria Rising 0.03]; however, I will post my progress on it to the blog over time. Here is a draft of remade character sheets for the game.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.