Saturday, November 4, 2017

Salutations

Salutations blog readers. I decided on a far more relaxed post this week. I have been thinking about making this blog focuses on games in general or even other topics rather than just Dungeons and Dragons (D&D). It would not be a hard transition considering Asteria Rising went from being a D&D homebrew into its own table-top game. I am not sure what I would add though.  A big part of this want to talk about more than only D&D really comes from a desire to be flexible. You will know my decision once it is made; I am simply keeping everyone up to date.

My academic career has hit a snag. The hours I needed to graduate with my Bachelor of Arts in Professional and Technical Writing were miscalculated. For those unfamiliar with American university, each class has credit hours that are used as to determine the workload of a course. Credit hours are also used to by the university to calculate a student's progress toward their degree. I need 120 hours. I thought I would be done this semester, yet the hours were miscalculated and I will need 8 more credit hours. In American university you also pay tuition, so I've been busy gathering up money to afford 8 credit hours [roughly another $4,000 of tuition at my school]. That is why my last post and this one do not have as much effort put into them.

In less frustrating news, I have been trying to start up a new campaign with some people. Trying is the apt term as they are rather busy. So far, the collection is a friend from work who has never played D&D and her boyfriend who has never played 5th edition D&D. It would be an interesting experience to both teach someone new to the game and watch a more experienced player transfer skills over from the last edition.

Once we finally meet, I will add any lore the campaign generates to the Homebrewed page on the blog. The current idea is to have them be part of a adventure guild or monster hunter group. Something to give them more connection to the world and people in it. I will know for certain once we have our Session 0 [meeting where ideas for the campaign are generated]. I am anxious to get back into the Game Master (GM) seat. I enjoy that position far more than the player seat.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.